Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum > Competition of Amulets > Thailand Amulet Competition

Notices

Thailand Amulet Competition การแข่งขันพระเครื่องของไทย - Highlighting amulet competition events held in Thailand

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 20:49   #31
jensen3112

Karma Rep Pts: 117 : jensen3112 has many friendsjensen3112 has many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansg View Post
I dun quite agree with the above... LPT is LPT... Cos He did mention that wearing just his image whether real or fake, He will still protect the wearer (Correct me if I'm wrong?)

Yes, you are right...but I have heard of various other experiences with LP Nong and LP Parn fakes...then again they could be stories, but just wanted to state, that fake or real when it comes to a believe is a seperate issue, there isn't such thing as a fake when you put on your necklace...

Yes.. believe in the Luang Phor/maker is one thing... but we can't really compare like this in general dun you agree?

If that's the case, bro jensen you dun have to collect all the high end stuffs le.. Just get the imitation piece can le mah?

My friend, just because I have phraks which today might be considered high end, doesn't mean I paid today's price for them...They were just everyday phraks years ago... LP Suk and LP Ngern were famous through word of mouth, imagine, even LP Kuay had over 40,000 devotees wait for him after one of his trips after he learnt a new yant...nothing was high end back then, they were all 20 to 30 baht at most, or even free...I recall my cousin on the Thai side, telling me about our Grand Uncles LP Suk amulet, which was given to him due to LP seeing that he needed help with the seasons and his crop...now it is worth over 300K thb, however, I don't think anyone in the family is ever going to sell it...

I might have gone off topic here, but phraks are just phraks...high end or low end is the tag we as people put on them, but each is holy as long as they have been consecrated by a monk who has the minimum requisite by the Sangha...

Yes dealers are businessmen... but I always believe in conducting your business in a proper ethical way especially dealing with things like amulets (Religion). Selling more expensive then usual isn't wrong.. but selling fakes accompanied by the real high pricing? What's your take in this then?

Buyer willing seller willing.. yes it's true.. that's why I strongly like to caution against some scheming dealers so that the buyers/collectors can be more careful esp dealing with high end amulets.

Bro SaberRider's implying of a particular shop may be very strong worded... I'm also taking it easy with his postings due to his "few" postings. Then again, I dun think that particular dealer will be ruffed in any way if his stuffs are the real MacCoys.

Talking about Pantip... If we are talking about those self respecting dealer have a reputation themselves, most won't risk it smashing their rice bowl for a quick deal or two unlike some of the dirty ones.

I did had a couple of times when I traded in my amulets brought from them with no questions asked but with a percentage cut when I showed them the card that the amulets were brought from the shop.

School fees are a natural way of business when it comes to amulets... Prob you are right.. Then again this is the modern world with internet. It's so much easier to gain information nowadays compared to the past.

Yes, some may be gullible or trusting to get from dealers blowing a hot story on how they obtained their amulets etc... This can only derive by them not doing enuff proper research.. but does that mean that the erred dealer does not have any responsible at all? Also those who claimed that money back guarantee (Regardless of how many percent) are non existent, just for show and when we want to exercise them, we got to LLST?
Bro, you are correct...Everyone has a responsibility, but we are human...I would like you to name me a single dealer in Pantip who has never touched and moved a fake piece knowingly...Everyone there is after the samething...$$$...but there are those who abstain from this, but from time to time, all are guilty by association...No dealer operates on their own at Pantip, or even other amulet markets, it is a gang, or grouping of them who look after each other only as far as to get $$$ in their own pocket...

In Singapore, if you feel that there is false advertisement by the dealer, my challenge is simple, print out the advertisement, or the guarantee, which could be in the form of a receipt or internet advertisement, with the said piece and go to CASE and take it up to get your refund...In the eyes of the Judiciary, there is always only one right party...you never know to you try...On the other hand, slander in Singapore is taken harshly as well, thus I try to refrain from such activity unless I am clearly in the right, and even then to, it usually doesn't serve a purpose, so why bother...as you had mentioned in your post...

Look, I came online to post my thoughts, but I never wanted to have a discussion on the topic...as you had mentioned, if you wanted to discuss more on the topic, I am happy to buy the coffee to keep this debate healthy...
Old 07-04-2012, 20:50   #32
thegame

Karma Rep Pts: 640 : thegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansg View Post
I dun quite agree with the above... LPT is LPT... Cos He did mention that wearing just his image whether real or fake, He will still protect the wearer (Correct me if I'm wrong?)

Yes.. believe in the Luang Phor/maker is one thing... but we can't really compare like this in general dun you agree?

If that's the case, bro jensen you dun have to collect all the high end stuffs le.. Just get the imitation piece can le mah?

Yes dealers are businessmen... but I always believe in conducting your business in a proper ethical way especially dealing with things like amulets (Religion). Selling more expensive then usual isn't wrong.. but selling fakes accompanied by the real high pricing? What's your take in this then?

Buyer willing seller willing.. yes it's true.. that's why I strongly like to caution against some scheming dealers so that the buyers/collectors can be more careful esp dealing with high end amulets.

Bro SaberRider's implying of a particular shop may be very strong worded... I'm also taking it easy with his postings due to his "few" postings. Then again, I dun think that particular dealer will be ruffed in any way if his stuffs are the real MacCoys.

Talking about Pantip... If we are talking about those self respecting dealer have a reputation themselves, most won't risk it smashing their rice bowl for a quick deal or two unlike some of the dirty ones.

I did had a couple of times when I traded in my amulets brought from them with no questions asked but with a percentage cut when I showed them the card that the amulets were brought from the shop.

School fees are a natural way of business when it comes to amulets... Prob you are right.. Then again this is the modern world with internet. It's so much easier to gain information nowadays compared to the past.

Yes, some may be gullible or trusting to get from dealers blowing a hot story on how they obtained their amulets etc... This can only derive by them not doing enuff proper research.. but does that mean that the erred dealer does not have any responsible at all? Also those who claimed that money back guarantee (Regardless of how many percent) are non existent, just for show and when we want to exercise them, we got to LLST?
A authentic piece of amulet went through proper ritual and ceremony, fake is like grapping a handfull of dirt and putting it around your neck.
Old 07-04-2012, 21:01   #33
thegame

Karma Rep Pts: 640 : thegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personalitythegame is a famous personality

A authentic piece of amulet went through proper ritual, consecration and ceremony by the marker, alot of effort went into it like endless chanting and some even involve in group chanting. it the same logic like producing a mega hit movie and then have the pirate coping it without sweating a single effort nor contribution and live off on it profit

there is reason why fake is call "fake". Fake is like grapping a handfull of dirt and putting it around your neck. The whole mass production that were been generated behind someone backyard or factories using all kind of material and man handling methods

whenever you take out your wallet with interest to pay hard working cash for anything, you never have the mentality that you are willing, expected or prepare to pay for any thing less inferior. any mechant that dish shit to you is call cheating and earning a dishonest living. it just so simple
Old 07-04-2012, 21:54   #34
Maha Phrom
Advanced Member

Karma Rep Pts: 1315 : Maha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
A authentic piece of amulet went through proper ritual and ceremony, fake is like grapping a handfull of dirt and putting it around your neck.
I simply cannot disagree with you, bro!
However, there are some who were taken in by marvelous stories and fanciful sales-talk that promises to bring stars down from the skies! They choose to remain in deep slumber though. Heehee

Such a competition will be good and healthy because the current amulets market seem to be flooded with amulets from LP Pinak.

To all the stars in the sky!

Last edited by Maha Phrom; 07-04-2012 at 21:57.
Old 07-04-2012, 22:06   #35
Maha Phrom
Advanced Member

Karma Rep Pts: 1315 : Maha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to allMaha Phrom is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen3112 View Post
My take on this...Dealers are businessmen after all...
Pardon me for adding on a little detail.
In business terms, there is always ethics that differentiate a conman from a genuine trader or businessman!
Old 07-04-2012, 22:25   #36
thegame

I think now I am actually seeing lesser LP Pinak sales..The heat seem to have gone away, anyway there were alot of "questionable" items of really demonic nature that just doesnt seem right coming out from the work of a such a highly respected monk. but then again who am I say that
Old 07-04-2012, 22:28   #37
luckyhec
Certified Member

Karma Rep Pts: 153 : luckyhec has many friendsluckyhec has many friends

无商不奸
Old 08-04-2012, 00:08   #38
jensen3112

Karma Rep Pts: 117 : jensen3112 has many friendsjensen3112 has many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha Phrom View Post
Pardon me for adding on a little detail.
In business terms, there is always ethics that differentiate a conman from a genuine trader or businessman!
Bro...harsh words, but if someone has intentionally duped the other party, then I guess the word fits...perhaps someone can enlighten me as to which shop this is? Seems as though it is an open secret? Good to know so I can be wary...
Old 08-04-2012, 00:43   #39
Maha Phrom
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensen3112 View Post
Bro...harsh words, but if someone has intentionally duped the other party, then I guess the word fits...perhaps someone can enlighten me as to which shop this is? Seems as though it is an open secret? Good to know so I can be wary...
Bro,
That is a very general statement that exists in almost every trade under the sun!
There are also other quotes like 真金不怕红炉火; 不怕货比货,只怕不识货; 榴莲可以包食,马票不可中吃,etc...
Old 08-04-2012, 00:49   #40
Maha Phrom
Advanced Member

Wonder if anyone can share update at the competition held in Saraburi later????
Closed Thread

Tags
amulet, amulets, arjan, back, competition, dealers, free, good, iam, luang, luang phor, phor, phra, phra somdej, rogue, sales, sea, seansg, selling, somdej, somdej toh, stone, thai, toh, wat