Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum > Archives - Forum Anniversary Celebrations > 2015 > Announcement and Discussion

Notices

Announcement and Discussion ๒๕๕๘ การเฉลิมฉลองฟอรั่ม - A significant year, an upcoming grand celebration. Stay tuned.

Old 25-11-2014, 21:59   #1
Somdej
Administrator

Karma Rep Pts: 24 : Somdej is neutral, pH7
Default Event Amulet Stalls

During the sales of the 9th Anniversary Celebration tickets, there were a handful of feedbacks suggested for the committee to organise/cater a small section of the ballroom area to allow members, dealers to set up mini stalls to display their amulets for sales, so as to add a final colour touch to the event as we are primarily an amulets biased forum.

During last weekend Nov committee meeting, we decided to give this a shot by seeking your kind opinions and we are open to all interested parties who favours the idea.

There are no weird requests or obligations basically, you bring your stuff there to sell, whatever profits you have it is also all yours. However, you need to have a ticket to join into the event that's all we ask for.
Old 30-12-2014, 22:58   #2
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Karma Rep Pts: 1943 : Gene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 
Total Awards: 4

Some new forum members might not be familiar with our 9th anniversary stall operators or we would say most of the time, the conversation stops between a customer and seller like "How much? Thank you and good bye" these kind of surface conversation.

Because of the 9th anniversary celebration, we had this great opportunity to interview these sellers (online/shop owner). Let us bring you into their world. Create a bond, Create a sustaining Community.

________ <Interview with De-Exquis >__________________

De-exquis

A young man in his 20s who love making temple visits.During one of his Bangkok trips, Andy like many of us had difficulties finding trendy yet practical amulet necklaces. Which ended up him creating his own necklaces. Word of mouth start spreading and soon, he started De'exquis. Till date De'exquis is only 4 months ago but already had many young amulets collectors asking them for customize necklaces.

Qns. I see that you have very trendy necklaces infact some at first glance dont even look like necklaces for amulets more like fashion necklaces? Do you design them yourself or customers request?

Andy: Yes all the necklace is design by our own team upon receiving customer order. Normally they will state what colour they like and we will mix and match to show them.

Qns. So where do you get your design inspirations from or you had strong arts background ?

Andy: Our inspiration of this begins when we were looking at those traditional amulet necklace. We had a hard time finding amulet necklaces that are trendy yet practical. So we decided, why not make them ourself. Till today we are still trying new input, mix and match during our free time trying to input some trendy ideas into our necklace.

Qns. I see, but how do you communicate with ur clients and turn their ideas into actual products ? Because there are so many types of material and colours, One wrong bead and thats it....

Andy: Normally lah, we begin by asking our client what amulet/s are they wearing, and if there's any preference of colour or material. From there, we will show them few designs, work around their ideas till they are satisfied with the designs. We believe in communication.

Qns. So what is the most expensive and memorable necklace you have done ?

Andy: All necklace sold are only done once and no repeated design. All our necklace are sold at a reasonable and affordable rate.

Qns. Wah, so secretive on your customers details ok then i wouldnt ask lagi, so on the event date itself you can customize necklace on the spot and any exclusive necklace that you will bring ?

Andy: Yes can do so on e spot.. exclusive ones cant cfm wor.

Its kind of weird, that I contacted him to buy posters instead of neclaces. Anyway who care just hoot and interview first, he ok then interview liao lol but nevertheless a very humble guy with a key for trendy stuff. A strong competitor, slowly but surely will climb and stand alongside big names in the market of necklace customizing.

So head down to our 9th anniversary celebration event on the 17th Jan 2015 at SAFRA Toa Payoh and get your necklace customize on the spot.

To view the work, done by andy <De_exquis> click on the link below <siamamulets.com facebook page>
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Siama...72818239459865
Gene
Old 30-12-2014, 23:35   #3
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Karma Rep Pts: 1943 : Gene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to allGene is a name known to all

Awards Showcase

<< Interview with Amuletstudio >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post

Amuletstudio, with a large range of new and old amulets have been making its name thru the amulet community in recent years. 1st batch 2530 luang phor sakon khun paen, luang phor pae somdejs, luang poo Tim Wat laharnrai amulets to 2557 recent launch amulets. Clearly, Amulet studio hope to provide something for every collector new or hardcore collectors. Now with many regular customers, weekends it almost hard to find a standing spot in his shop. Today, I’m not bring you to his shop but rather to his personal world….

Qns: Ah cong what was your pervious job before you make a switch to open Amulet studio?

Chong: Me ah? I was in the car trade for 10 over years, before opening Amulet studio. That period was stressful , high overhead and the turnover was scary some time crazy. So when I want to make a career switch, I told myself why not do something, that, I’m passionate about. Yah, and I started collecting amulets when I was a teenage. It more of my hobby also, and Thai amulets will not be obsolete. It just happen that two of my friends they are Leo and Simon, are keen to chip in to open a amulets shop too and we decided to open our first amulets shop at a best location at FU LU SHOU COMPLEX.

Qns: But aren’t you afraid? Because you cant bring all of your pervious customers that buy/sell cars to you over to your new trade. Not all collect amulets.

Chong: No, because Thai amulets will not become obsolete and unlike car industries, the demand for amulets don’t raise or fall that sharply like you know lah, Singapore car market . I observe over the years there is an increase in collectors from other races as well. I see Malays, Indian and china customers coming in every week. Not like last time only local Chinese collect amulets. So local SG market for amulets have potentials for growth. I feel la.

QNS: I see a lot of luang poo Tim, Wat Laharnrai amulets ( wat laharnrai issue and poo tim chanted issue under other temples’ name. You collect poo Tim amulets also ?

Chong: Ya, I personally like luang poo Tim amulets. If you ask me why ah ? wear liao ho mah. You don’t agree meh ?

QNS: Haha, ok ok so that is the reason why you have a vast variety of luang poo Tim amulets be it release under Wat Laharnrai or other temple's name in your shop ?

Chong: err… Hai ok la, I also have many other amulets. Most of the time, I try to buy and sell amulets below 1k to cater for wider range of customers. Amulets above 1k, usually are for those hard core collectors. Err, a lot er... not really a lot lah. Mostly are in my house my personal collection lol,

QNS: True, now luang Poo Tim amulets are getting more and more expensive every month. This one we chat later, so, what is the most expensive amulet that you sold in your shop?

Chong: Hmmm… (long pause) Mostly expensive, luang poo Tim khun paen plaai guman blok 2.

QNS: You have this money back guarantee if proven fake and offer to buy back amulets in your shop, I always wanted to ask this, will customers abuse this anot ? I mean eh ya la you know?

chong: I have a few experience la, like buy liao 10 mins later say he don’t want already. Another case in in the morning buy 10 over amulets then later at night call and say “ I don’t want liao, cos need money for other reason.” Troublesome but this is part and parcel of this business, But overall this cases are few, there are some very good customers also, like recently one customer ask me to find an amulets range about 2ksgd, he transfer me 4ksgd as his top most budget then tell me return him the balance if any. This is that kind of trust we want to have between customers.

QNS: Lastly, any exclusive amulets on the event day?

Chong: Hm, Luang phor thuat amulets maybe? any more question ?

ME: bo liao why ?

Chong: No lah i forget to thank two partners. They are usually here on Saturday to allow me to go on a day rest once weekly. They are very nice guys Leo n simon...... .. .. . .... .... .( non stop praises for his parthers )

ME: (once ah chong open up he is very chatty )

I had this chat with ah chong (owner of amuletstudio) at his residence, because I didn’t choose the right time, he just came back from Thailand together with Aj Bunchuy. During his operational hours, his shop is so pack. so no choice at night go his residence and knock on the door.

Don’t be afraid of his stern look, ah chong actually have a very good sense of humour, While at his residence, AJ Bunchuy was staying over there and there is this Liverpool match going on, so noise level quite high you see. Ah chong: “ low down your volume, don’t shout. AJ is sleeping, Later Aj run out and stab you with his meemor. Then you know” LOLZ we started luffing …..
Anyway, you all can walk in to <Amulet Studio> 149 Rochor Road , FU LU SHOU COMPLEX #02-28 to find him.

To view the photos of amuletstudios, follow our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Siamamuletscom/272818239459865

Gene,
Old 02-01-2015, 00:16   #4
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Awards Showcase

Dee, our exclusive seller in siamamulet.com (can only be found in SA and no other forums). With his strong roots and love for southern amulets have been consistantly share his passion, knowledge and biographies of famous southern monks like, Luang phor Chan,Wat Thong Fuer and Archan Chum to our forum members. His sale mart <Dee Sales Mall V.4> have an equally impressive number of southern masters amulets.

QNS. I saw that almost 70% of your amulets in our siamamulets.com sale mart are from Southern Thailand. Are there any special reasons or influences that you choosed to trade in southern Thailand amulets ?

dee: Because my god brother is Mr Pinit of hatyai, More widely known as Pi Koh Hatyai,one of the judges in competition for southern amulets and my very first amulet was a PT Klai coin.

QNS: No wonder, so, you are not a singaporean ?

Dee: I am local lol.

qns: Kaypo abit, what do you personally collect?

Dee: Hmm basically anything from the south, but mostly from phattalung province or nakorn srithammarat
province.

qns: lol, I see, But south amulets in singapore mostly collectors prefer Wat Chang Hai luang poo thuat isnt it ?

Dee: Hmmm I am not so sure because I am not very apt in local amulet scene but so far base from my sales
almost all amulets I posted there are some people who knows about them.

qns: Oh, ya chat so long forget to ask you to intro abit on yourself,

Dee: What would you like to know about me? Hahaha,

Qns.... like how and when you started collecting amulets. Btw sorry i like girls only -_-"

Dee: Ohh I started amulets when I was 13 cause my older brother took me to pay respects to Lp Rith Wat Chonlapratahn, from buriram province junior of Lp Hong. So I was given a takrut by him I didn't wear it until my bro gave me a pt klai coin to wear and I used the takrut as a key chain That was how I started amulets.

As for my god brother Pi Koh Hatyai, My distant relative stays in hatyai for almost 20 years now and I went to visit him who works in a goldsmith shop and is one of the top goldsmith in hatyai. Many sian pra goes there to bao gold and plastic. So that where my relative got to know Pi Koh. When I went to visit him one day.. So happen he was having lunch with Pi Koh. Don't know why we just very 投缘, he taught me how to study amulets and after time just became brothers unknowingly.

Qns: Lastly as our exclusive siamamulet.com seller (basically Dee's sale can only be found in siamamulets.com) what amulets / buchas will you be bringing on 17th Jan the event day itself?

Dee: Noo buchas haha, I would like to introduce a karawat from Samut songkram, Archan Wit Jan Hom which I will not post anything by him until the anniversary dinner I will introduce and show his kreung rang exclusive for the night only.

Frankly speaking I didnt get to meet him but after going thru his sale thread and chatting with him thru virtual. Its not hard to see his passion and love for southern amulets. By the way whenever Archan Wit make any amulets and kruang rang he insist to have it done hand made with difficult and complicated steps to ensure efficacious to those who use it. Super excited to see what he have install
for us to rent on our 9th anniversary celebration event on the 17th Jan 2015 at SAFRA Toa Payoh. I am excited are you?

To view his photos, log in www.facebook/siamamulets.com
Gene,

Old 11-01-2015, 00:06   #5
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Awards Showcase

Showcase our participating stall holder Zecno amulets. Actually I did a whole interview with him, but when I mention that I would like to post out he decline and wish to remain low profile. BUT.....but he promise that on 17 Jan 2015, the event day he will be bringing Aj Monk Amulets/holy items renting out at special price. Aj Monak amulet collectors, if you are attending the event please visit zecno's booth. Those who are unable to get a ticket hurry ask your friend who have the tickets and help you get the amulets on the 9th anniversary celebration event.

check out his sale thread at our sales mart >>> http://www.siamamulets.com/showthread.php?t=49579

Last edited by Gene; 11-01-2015 at 00:10.
Old 14-01-2015, 10:43   #6
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Awards Showcase

[

Siamcraft one of our top in house amulet importer. I address him as traveler because, basically he travel very far and deep into temples, samak, and caves just to find one master or that particular amulet.

Siamcraft is well known for bring in effective amulets that mostly only thai natives collect. I ever ask him when i first know him few years back, bro your selling price enough to cover your airticket and travel expense meh especially you always go this far remote in? He reply was just like his nature, easy going close to lepar liao 555+ "Bro Anyway, i intented to visit this temples and this money goes back to help the temple, aiya.. got earn is bonus. I live within my means"

I meet him up but due to his busy schedule (flying to USA and thereafter Thailand) i could only spend <1 hours with him and most of it was spend on reminiscing the past. Anyway the gist is, he will be taking up one stall at the event unless his flight got delay, ( will touch down sg on the 17 Jan morning ). As for what amulets will he be bring, " I must see what I can find during first during this trip" which is to say, on the 17 his amulets will surely be the first and exclusive for for siamamulet members present at our event.

Seriously, NGC, Timberland or caterpillar shoes maker should find him for advertisement endorsements or TV shows dont you think?
Old 14-01-2015, 13:12   #7
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Awards Showcase

Yakuza, one of our stall participating dealer on the 17 Jan 15.
Yakuza, a very prominent nick, in singapore amulets community. Definitely no strangers. A all rounded amulet dealer, well versed in both mainstream (low to high end) amulets, as well as pretty well connected in the barang world.
5 years ago, he shock the singapore amulet community when he manage to bring in large amount of LP Pinut Wat Sanamlao collection. Even in Thailand, You dont come across Genuine Lp pinut amulets everyday not to mention singapore.

Extracted from his blog,
"Many have questioned why would a Theravada Monk consecrate an image of the female genetials? I found the answer offline from one of my Masters AC Tau a practicing Forest Monk and true disciple of LP Pinut / LP Pinak Wat Sanamlao that once a man questioned LP with the same question, he reply was simple “Where did you originate from?”, I for one personally am not a fan of getting a question for an answer but it made perfect sense.
However the functions of the Mae Yoni Amulet is varied but focuses on Metta Mahaseneh and Maha Phokasup (Attraction and Wealth) as these are the 2 primary needs of laymen"

I went to his shop 4 times, twice was out station and the other 2 times was pack with customers. In my hand are the list of question i intent to ask and share with everyone but seriously, he is more senior then me and a league above me, I think the online community knew more about him then my questions can provide. **actually i scare he sucker-punch me for asking too many haha, he is 2x my size and a MMA trained how to outrun him ?? **

Jokes aside, Yakuza promise us that he will be bring some of the collection in his sales thread in siamamulets.com title
"Oldcity thaiamulets"
( http://www.siamamulets.com/showthread.php?t=48866 )
and will be offering never before discount on those amulets on the event day itself. Those who are attending, its time you guys start browsing his sale thread and eye mark the amulets you all want.

His shop is located at
#02-38, Golden Mile Complex
Gene,
Old 16-01-2015, 14:29   #8
Gene
Forum Facebook Manager

Awards Showcase

event stall participants

Rex Gallery, a place for Rian collectors.

Arm with curly perms and deep bassy voice. If you cant find his shop? follow the bass or look out for light reflection from metal. There sheer amount of Rian, loop lor/metal amulets in his shop can double as reflectors for any low light condition. A little less known about Rex galleria is that they provide customize silver wrapping services, where they will send the amulets over to Thailand for you to get it done, or you can give them dimension of your amulets and they customize it over at Thailand before sending it back to Singapore. Definitively a great place for Rian collectors to hang out and exchange pointers.

Qns: Rex for the the benefits of new forum members can you do a bit of introduction?

Rx: I started trading amulets online and in forums for quite some time, so in year 2013 my partner ask me wanna open shop then i say OK. Its was always my dream to open a shop trading amulets, never look back since. My first shop was in people's park,

Qns: I know you are particularly fond of luang phor thuat amulets, why so?

Rex: Why ah, wear liao good. Its hard to describe just like why you like this master's amulets and not that master. The feeling somehow when you wear it, you will feel peaceful and right. Partly also because most of my Thai friend are from southern.

Qns: That why have a lot of Amulets from southern Thailand in your shop, no wonder many said you specialize in amulets from southern Thailand.

Rex: Actually, not true la, like Mahasurasak, luang phor koon and Ac nong amulets I do have more la, but other amulets also have depends on what you looking for. Like amulet books, silver casing, necklace also have.

Qns: Rex, will there be customers trying to check your knowledge on amulets because of your age?

Rex: Just tell the truth, most importantly is dont smoke them.

Qns: Then on the event, what exclusive amulets you going to bring ?

Rex: What do you want me to bring ? I check check first.

Let see what Ahrex is up on the 17 Jan, which is tomorrow remember cant see him on the ballroom tomorrow? Just Listen and follow the bass.

Address:
Golden Mile Tower #02-23
6001 Beach Road
Singapore 199589

Tags
ac nong, ahrex, amulet, amulets, back, casing, dealers, dimension, fake, good, khun paen, koon, luang, luang phor, master, necklace, online, peaceful, phor, rian, sales, silver casing, simon, thai amulets, thuat