Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum > Archives Folders > Amulet Identification > Genuine and Fake

Notices

Genuine and Fake พระเครื่องของแท้และของปลอม - The section created purely for sharing on comparison between known genuine and fake amulets. Please do not ask regarding authenticity questions.

Old 30-10-2010, 06:16   #1
Noii

Karma Reputation Points: 1478 : Noii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 4th placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 4th placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 4th placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 
Total Awards: 44

Default Identifying Genuine Phayant Footprint B.E. 2536 Luang Phor Koon

Sharing the identification pointers of the Genuine 1st Batch Phayant RoiTau (Footprint) created in B.E. 2536 of Luang Phor Koon of Wat Ban Rai (Nakon Ratchasima)

Definition of Tumeric:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turmeric
[url]https://www.facebook.com/#!/noi.thaiamulet[/url]
Noii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 10:11   #2
EDMUND80

Karma Reputation Points: 24 : EDMUND80 is neutral, pH7

Thanks for sharing this.
EDMUND80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 22:54   #3
Meritus
Advanced Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1122 : Meritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to allMeritus is a name known to all

thanks for the good info!
Meritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 12:11   #4
lwclwc
Premium Gold Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1898 : lwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to alllwclwc is a name known to all

thanks for the information
lwclwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 18:38   #5
buddhamagic

Karma Reputation Points: 10 : buddhamagic is neutral, pH7
Thumbs up nice pha yant - insufficient criteria

Hi im new here so hello to everybody

Nice Pha Yant sir - the points of recognition you indicate are by no means incorrect,
but only this to go on is not enough to know a real Pha Yant or not. The Pha Yant will be rough if new, but if not new or used then it will be soft for shure, especially if it has ever been cleaned. I have an authentic Yant shirt about 150 years old which feels smooth as silk, so that criteria is not really anything to know a true Pha yant with.
One thing that is for sure, Pha Yant are neither very expensive on issue, nor do they increase too much in price over the years in comparison to other kinds of amulets. Therefore only few famous or valuable editions get copied. The factories and forgers do not copy things they cant make money out of, so they always copy what is either currently the rage, or what was always the rage.

This Pha Yant is possibly something which may get copied but i seriously doubt it. not everything in Thailand gets faked or copied, and it is more likely to have danger of fakes with the popular amulets than with the Pha Yant. There are fakes though of course.

a smell of the cloth will always let you know something, as to its age for certain it will tell you if the smell fits with the age. Try smelling authentic pha yants of different ages to get a feel for it
Old ones smell mouldy and sometimes will even have small dark dots or rings on the cloth that are mould formations from damp and moisture.

the back and the front should feel different if it has been used, framed or kept in a drawer it will feel different, so you need to take this into consideration

A study of a confirmed original is always the best study material for getting a fine eye as to whats real and what not. I think i may look for some fake and real pha yants too to post when i have time.

I hope i can help and add useful facts and thoughts here over time as i progress, and put in my five cents worth to help - it will go slowly but i shall add my bit as i can here - i am rather busy always though writing so ill have to find an hour a week or something to come here and post

Nice to meet you all by the way
buddhamagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 21:27   #6
Noii

Karma Reputation Points: 1478 : Noii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to allNoii is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 4th placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 4th placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 4th placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 
Total Awards: 44

10Q all bros
[url]https://www.facebook.com/#!/noi.thaiamulet[/url]
Noii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 00:10   #7
trapeze

Karma Reputation Points: 16 : trapeze is neutral, pH7

Guess i had collected the new LP Koon footprint and hand print phayant, would it be fake or just new?
trapeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amulets, back, fake, front, good, identification, koon, lp koon, luang, luang phor, phor, price, wat, yant