Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum > Archives Folders > Amulet Identification > Genuine and Fake

Notices

Genuine and Fake พระเครื่องของแท้และของปลอม - The section created purely for sharing on comparison between known genuine and fake amulets. Please do not ask regarding authenticity questions.

Old 18-02-2009, 18:01   #11
Certified Member

Karma Reputation Points: 6 : 801008 may have some misunderstanding with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by devillin
Thanks for sharing this great information.
welcome bro devillin
801008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 21:08   #12
vti
Advanced Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1719 : vti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to allvti is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
1st placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 4th placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 3rd placing 
Total Awards: 40

Hi Bro 801008

I am also learning from all the expert bros here. The following pts are just my observation of the differences based on the 2nd pc as compared to the book. Sorry if my view is not correct and hoped some big bros can help more up.

1) The moulding is not sharp;
2) The left and right fingers is not correct;
3) The square lines on the side is not deep enough;
4) The ears are not right;
5) The wordings behind is too shallow and not clear;
6) Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801008
hi bro vti, actually i also see the slight different about point 4, the hand of the somdej not like what the book said, but i think this piece is worn out at that particular part, this is wat i think, but other parts is match all the points.
can u tell me which parts is different from the book from ur view? we learn learn
vti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 22:19   #13
braunbuffel

Karma Reputation Points: 38 : braunbuffel is getting along well with others

Awards Showcase
1st placing 1st placing 
Total Awards: 2

i think by now, there are not many pieces that are in condition good enough to match all of what's in the book or whats stated by everyone.. meaning if the surface is totally brushed flat.. its still genuine..

its only the powder that can determine the authenticity, but then again, which also can range variably.. how much of roon sarm powder is mixed, some very yellowish brown, some very white..

as for all the points raised about about the traits, they still can be geniune, just due to errors during the making of the amulet, e.g like there are some which the damakhan word behind is chopped upside down (not talking about por sarm pao or blok tek, a line/crack across the buddha's chest for every amulet in the batch) and stuff.. or not chopped deep enough.. or like some pieces of room sarm which has a lot of lacquer like roon 1.. which is also very rare..
braunbuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 22:23   #14
Tom
Legendary Member

Karma Reputation Points: 3507 : Tom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond reputeTom has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
2nd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 3rd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 2nd placing 4th placing 1st placing 3rd placing 
Total Awards: 23

Thanks for sharing

To view more @ [url]http://utom78.blogspot.sg/[/url]
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 22:27   #15
Yakuza

Karma Reputation Points: 1197 : Yakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
3rd placing 4th placing 4th placing 
Total Awards: 3

This piece is in my collection in 80% condition not worn

Close up of the meat

Yakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 22:31   #16
Certified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vti
Hi Bro 801008

I am also learning from all the expert bros here. The following pts are just my observation of the differences based on the 2nd pc as compared to the book. Sorry if my view is not correct and hoped some big bros can help more up.

1) The moulding is not sharp;
2) The left and right fingers is not correct;
3) The square lines on the side is not deep enough;
4) The ears are not right;
5) The wordings behind is too shallow and not clear;
6) Material
bro vti,
thank u very much for all the info n point u pointing out, really appreciate the point.
actually this piece was given by the abbot of WPN almost 30 years ago, he gave my father almost 10 pieces 4th batch when my father invite him to our place, the book also given by him.
so i post up this piece but i still will do deep research on it. will reply asap after got result, thank u very much
Old 18-02-2009, 22:35   #17
Certified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braunbuffel
i think by now, there are not many pieces that are in condition good enough to match all of what's in the book or whats stated by everyone.. meaning if the surface is totally brushed flat.. its still genuine..

its only the powder that can determine the authenticity, but then again, which also can range variably.. how much of roon sarm powder is mixed, some very yellowish brown, some very white..

as for all the points raised about about the traits, they still can be geniune, just due to errors during the making of the amulet, e.g like there are some which the damakhan word behind is chopped upside down (not talking about por sarm pao or blok tek, a line/crack across the buddha's chest for every amulet in the batch) and stuff.. or not chopped deep enough.. or like some pieces of room sarm which has a lot of lacquer like roon 1.. which is also very rare..
hi bro braunbuffel,
agree with u for the worn out cos i got few pieces also brushed up after wearing cos the material of WPN is very fragile...
thanks for sharing ur point of view
Old 18-02-2009, 22:39   #18
Yakuza

Karma Reputation Points: 1197 : Yakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to allYakuza is a name known to all

Awards Showcase

Did he come to Spore or are u Thai?

Quote:
bro vti,
thank u very much for all the info n point u pointing out, really appreciate the point.
actually this piece was given by the abbot of WPN almost 30 years ago, he gave my father almost 10 pieces 4th batch when my father invite him to our place, the book also given by him.
so i post up this piece but i still will do deep research on it. will reply asap after got result, thank u very much
Old 18-02-2009, 22:42   #19
Certified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza
This piece is in my collection in 80% condition not worn

Close up of the meat

very nice bro
Old 18-02-2009, 22:48   #20
Yakuza

Awards Showcase

Ok lah seen alot better ones but after 90% condition price difference alot, not a serious collector just keep as I like LP Sod = ) lookin' for a Roon 1/2 and 3 now still have yet to see the right piece with the right price = )

Quote:
very nice bro

Tags
..., amulet, amulets, archan toh, authenticity, back, buddha, collection, experience, faith, fake, front, good, image, luck, metta, nam, price, protection, somdej, stone, thai, toh, vti, wat