Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum > Archives Folders > Gatherings

Notices

Gatherings Get-togethers and outings for fellow members. Organize small outings to view amulets, tour amulet shops, etc and learn more from each others' experiences

Old 09-05-2010, 21:34   #31
lppaefans
Honorary Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1627 : lppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulness View Post
bro Ricky
indeed a great Boddhisatwa here

*Bow down*
i boddhisatwa = layman who is practise.

u arahant...better...

*i laid flat on the floor to you..*
lppaefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 21:36   #32
lppaefans
Honorary Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1627 : lppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwayteow View Post
Bro licky how come owe so many things?
yes, i owe many things to the bankS......
lppaefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 21:46   #33
mindfulness

Karma Reputation Points: 120 : mindfulness has many friendsmindfulness has many friends

Awards Showcase
2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 3rd placing 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppaefans View Post
i boddhisatwa = layman who is practise.

u arahant...better...

*i laid flat on the floor to you..*
no, you are one step nearer to buddhahood ... me drowning in the sea of samsara
mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 22:00   #34
kwayteow
Master Member

Karma Reputation Points: 2162 : kwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
3rd placing 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppaefans View Post
yes, i owe many things to the bankS......
I owe bank owe HDB...
kwayteow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 22:08   #35
mindfulness

Karma Reputation Points: 120 : mindfulness has many friendsmindfulness has many friends

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I owe bank owe HDB...
Singapore prides itself as No.1 in many things... one more accolade "A Nation of Debters"! 5 Cs mean long term debt unless you belong to the wealthy class
Old 09-05-2010, 22:12   #36
kwayteow
Master Member

Karma Reputation Points: 2162 : kwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to allkwayteow is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
3rd placing 

Quote:
Singapore prides itself as No.1 in many things... one more accolade "A Nation of Debters"! 5 Cs mean long term debt unless you belong to the wealthy class
Agree bro. Case in point, how many ppl really own a car? To me, it's more like renting a car for between 7 to 10 yrs and paying the rental every month cos once u screw up on the payments, the bank will come a knocking and haul the car away. And how is that supposed to define ownership?
Old 09-05-2010, 22:22   #37
mindfulness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Agree bro. Case in point, how many ppl really own a car? To me, it's more like renting a car for between 7 to 10 yrs and paying the rental every month cos once u screw up on the payments, the bank will come a knocking and haul the car away. And how is that supposed to define ownership?
HDB so-called 99 years ownership is farcical. In between they said you can get lease back mortgage or rent a room 'to unlock your flat value' those smart people simply has a way with words calling a spade a silver spoon!

Imagine this when an elderly couple rents out the room and living with strangers, wouldn't there be loss of privacy?

Imagine this for a young couple, in debt for lifetime and the situation becomes worse when they sell their first flat later to get cash and buys another one, which will extend the installment period till way beyond 6o years. Personally I know a friend is in this dilemma, now he is 55 and has to pay the installments for his second flat for at leat 15 years which mean he and his wife have to work till 70. When he turned 55 this year, zero cash as CPF puts aside the minumum sum (still not enough).

I think singles just break even to survive if they have no house and stay with parents

Last edited by mindfulness; 09-05-2010 at 22:25.
Old 09-05-2010, 22:27   #38
yan1216

Karma Reputation Points: 240 : yan1216 is well received in the communityyan1216 is well received in the communityyan1216 is well received in the community

Awards Showcase
2nd placing 

Quote:
HDB so-called 99 years ownership is farcical. In between they said you can get lease back mortgage or rent a room 'to unlock your flat value' those smart people simply has a way with words calling a spade a silver spoon!

Imagine this when an elderly couple rents out the room and living with strangers, wouldn't there be loss of privacy?

Imagine this for a young couple, in debt for lifetime and the situation becomes worse when they sell their first flat later to get cash and buys another one, which will extend the installment period till way beyond 6o years. Personally I know a friend is in this dilemma, now he is 55 and has to pay the installments for his second flat for at leat 15 years which mean he and his wife have to work till 70. When he turned 55 this year, zero cash as CPF puts aside the minumum sum (still not enough).

I think singles just break even to survive if they have no house and stay with parents
So scary to think of it right ?

So suggest we do something to our lives and then get out of the poor cycle ..
yan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 22:30   #39
kwayteow
Master Member

Awards Showcase
3rd placing 

Quote:

Yes bro, was about to broach on the subject of HDB and property but u beat me to it. I have to work till i am 65 before i can fully repay off my HDB loan. By then i would have almost exhausted my CPF ordinary account. Not much left for me by then. Maybe have to resort to selling my amulets to sustain a living but praying hard that day never comes...
Old 09-05-2010, 22:31   #40
mindfulness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan1216 View Post
So scary to think of it right ?

So suggest we do something to our lives and then get out of the poor cycle ..
collective karma to be reincarnated here right?

Tags
..., account, amulets, back, cute, good, long, love, phrom, rent, rental, sea, selling, tien