Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Siamamulets - Theravada Buddhism & Thai Amulets Online Discussion Forum > Archives Folders > Gatherings

Notices

Gatherings Get-togethers and outings for fellow members. Organize small outings to view amulets, tour amulet shops, etc and learn more from each others' experiences

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2007, 16:52   #1
dennis yong

Karma Reputation Points: 1170 : dennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to alldennis yong is a name known to all
Lightbulb Forum 2nd Anniversay Celebration cum Charity to Red Cross Home of the Disabled

Hi guys,

Next year Feb in view of forum 2nd anniversary, we will like to tag on another event on the day of celebration - a charity campaign for Red Cross Home of the Disabled.

We will be celebrating our forum anniversary on 16 Feb 08 (Saturday). The tentative broad timing for the day is as such: in the day charity of gifts and neccessities to the Home followed by a sumptuous dinner together at a later planned location.

Concept of Charity Drive
I had spoken to the management from the Home, their immediate needs are items which include children/adult diapers and talcum powder. Similarly to last charity campaign, this time round we will still adopt the last concept in 2 ways.

a. Sales of amulets - All proceeds of the sales will be donated to the charity funds. Sellers please post all your amulets for sale here in this thread instead at the sales mart for better administration. Similarly, please state your pricing as per sales mart house rules. For this time round for charity sake, non eligible members who had not met the sales mart house rules requirement can still post here for sales. Please do note that for forum integrity sake, all sales proceeds must be 100% donated, i.e. if you sell your amulet for SGD100, all amount must be donated in full.

b. Pure donation of cash.

All sales monies please do transfer to the account specified below:
POSB Savings Account : 104-55348-6
For internet banking, please state your nick as reference, for ATM transfer please keep your receipt. After each transaction, please do update this thread for accountability, also drop me a pm. I am contactable @ 8225 7383, no sms please, call me direct for clarifications. End of event next Feb, I will sum up and present the accounts. The last day of sales for charity will be closed by 12 Feb 08 10pm. In addtion, bro tongbl has agreed to assist me in all prep for the events. Kudos to bro tongbl!! (Hp no. 9851 7950, no sms plse also.)

I urge all to co-operate on this preparation for this charity event/annivesary by not chit chatting here. I do not wish to see posts such as, swee swee, nice nice, heng heng, etc. All these are unconstructive posts. I will not hesitate to zap the guy till pants drop. Jokes aside, please kindly adhere.

This event will not succeed without kind souls lending a helping hand, please do donate generously. On behalf of siamamulets forum, I thank you all. Last but not least, I wish you all a happy new year ahead.

Cheers.
Old 29-12-2007, 20:25   #2
chiefjustice

Karma Reputation Points: 828 : chiefjustice is a famous personalitychiefjustice is a famous personalitychiefjustice is a famous personalitychiefjustice is a famous personalitychiefjustice is a famous personalitychiefjustice is a famous personalitychiefjustice is a famous personality

Awards Showcase
1st placing 3rd placing 1st placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 
Total Awards: 5

Hi All,

In support of SA.com 2nd Aniversary Donation Drive, the followings are for rent:
Kindly PM me if you are interested.

A) Qty: 05 set of JTK 3.2cm Wat Pikultong BE2550 White --> SGD$10/ea

B) Qty: 05 set of JTK 3.2cm Wat Pikultong BE2550 Black --> SGD$10/ea

C) Qty: 01 LP Sakorn Plai Kuman Khun Pean BE2546 --> SGD$120

D) Qty: 02 LP Sothon --> SGD$10/ea
Old 29-12-2007, 22:24   #3
hulkermania
Advanced Member

Karma Reputation Points: 971 : hulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personalityhulkermania is a famous personality

Awards Showcase
3rd placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 2nd placing 
Total Awards: 6

I will assist this event by letting out these few items.

Rachadam Nur Dam Pi Thong
$80

Rachadam Pim Kamakan
$100

Please do your research before purchasing any items from Hulk Amulets.
All amulets sold are not refundable or exchangeable unless proven fake in Samakom Competition.
Old 29-12-2007, 23:43   #4
ahgee12
Veteran Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1626 : ahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to allahgee12 is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
3rd placing 2nd placing 4th placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 
Total Awards: 7

Default Donation...

I will do my part when i am back to singapore... Keep the ball rolling guys!
Old 30-12-2007, 14:41   #5
tongbl

Karma Reputation Points: 999 : tongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personality

Awards Showcase
1st placing 1st placing 4th placing 3rd placing 4th placing 1st placing 4th placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 4th placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 4th placing 1st placing 1st placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 
Total Awards: 25

Just received $100 cash from one of my close friend for this Charity Drive.

Thks Siva, may God bless you and your family.

Cash Donation List

01. Siva $100 Received.
Old 30-12-2007, 23:03   #6
Somdej
Super Administrator

Karma Reputation Points: 38964 : Somdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond reputeSomdej has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Somdej's Facebook

How much is the collection target?
Old 31-12-2007, 08:11   #7
lppaefans
Honorary Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1627 : lppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongbl
Just received $100 cash from one of my close friend for this Charity Drive.

Thks Siva, may God bless you and your family.

Cash Donation List

01. Siva $100 Received.
02. Lppaefans - S$150

My cash contribution as above.
Old 31-12-2007, 08:33   #8
lppaefans
Honorary Member

Karma Reputation Points: 1627 : lppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to alllppaefans is a name known to all

Dear All,

Just to share on the Donation issue.

I have been with Dennis Yong and we visited this home lately.

This Home helps those who are born with disables and they have around 80 patients currently.
Their patients are from age 4 yrs old to 60 yrs old...
Both of us have a heavy heart after visiting them as you see those patients..

We spoken to Person in charge, most of the patients are born to be disables and all the 84 patients are wheel chair bond...they are unable to walked as they are born to have disables limbs....

We saw all the patients are given a individual bed and I felt that their beds is their only life har.....they eat , sleep, play only on the bed....very sad to see that....

Moreover, those patients are born to be disable and there are no choice for them since they are born and they are suffering since born...let helps them for their basic needs, if we can.....

One of the sad incidents is Dennis and I was introduced by the person in charges about one of the youngest patient,,,he is only 4 yrs old!!
when we see him, he was lying so restless on his bed and we was not allow to have hard food like us and he was feed with tubes...when we see him, his eyes were half open staring at the ceiling and Dennis asked the in charges, then we know that he was visual blinded....Can you imagine the poor boy was lying on the bed restless with his disable limbs, unable to consume food, like us and he was living in the darkness.....

Of cos, there are also happy Life warriors there...we met two elder patients, and despite of their physical disable, they are so happy to see us..

Forgive us for unable to snap pictures about the patients as the family members may not allow us to post here ....

SINCERELY, I CALLED PEOPLE HERE TO HELP WHAT WE CAN TO DO SOMETHINGS FOR THOSE UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE...(they are those people that we urban people always for forgotten about them)..

Please help.....

Last edited by lppaefans; 31-12-2007 at 08:38.
Old 31-12-2007, 21:44   #9
bloke
Certified Member

Karma Reputation Points: 596 : bloke is a famous personalitybloke is a famous personalitybloke is a famous personalitybloke is a famous personalitybloke is a famous personalitybloke is a famous personality

My Cash contribution of $100/-
By when must transfer the amount? By the way, any Good Bro here have O.C.B.C account which I can transfer to? (I'm sorry, I do not have a POSB /DBS A/c) OR any Good Bro here can P.m me ur address, I'll mail a Cash cheque to u.
Thank u, sorry for any inconvience caused.

Regards,
bloke
Old 31-12-2007, 22:09   #10
tongbl

Karma Reputation Points: 999 : tongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personalitytongbl is a famous personality

Awards Showcase
1st placing 1st placing 4th placing 3rd placing 4th placing 1st placing 4th placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 4th placing 2nd placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 1st placing 4th placing 1st placing 1st placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 3rd placing 2nd placing 2nd placing 
Total Awards: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke
My Cash contribution of $100/-
By when must transfer the amount? By the way, any Good Bro here have O.C.B.C account which I can transfer to? (I'm sorry, I do not have a POSB /DBS A/c) OR any Good Bro here can P.m me ur address, I'll mail a Cash cheque to u.
Thank u, sorry for any inconvience caused.

Regards,
bloke
Bro,

Pls do not send cash cheque by mail. Check your pm...

Rgds,
tongbl.
Closed Thread

Tags
amulets, back, black, buddhaface, business, charity, chris, collection, ganesha, good, hong, jatukam, lp pae, luck, pae, price, rent, rian, sakorn, sales, somdej, tan, tong, uno, wat